TWIC organises a programme of excursions each year, some in conjunction with local recording groups. These excursions are planned primarily to obtain biodiversity data from sites across our
region. Priority is usually given to sites proposed as Local Biodiversity Sites (pLBS), as this means that any data generated from the excursions can be used in the site assessment. Recorders of all groups of organisms are
welcome. Whether or not you have been on one of our excursions before or are a newcomer you are most welcome to join us.
Please contact the excursion leader beforehand (leaving your contact telephone number) so that they know to expect you. It is rare that we have to cancel an excursion, but should this occur we will endeavor to contact you
by phone. Also, please check the website the evening before the outing if possible as any last minute changes will be published here.
Join the mailing list: If you would like to receive notifications of forthcoming TWIC recording excursions by email, please contact email@example.com and ask to be
TWIC documents page.
For information on previous year's recording excursions, please click on the links at the side of the page.
Recorders enjoying a visit to Mavisbank, Midlothian. Photograph courtesy of Gary Hovell (LARG).
Forthcoming Excursions 2019
Excursions for 2019 are now complete. Many thanks to everyone who attended or led an outing for TWIC in 2019. Thanks also to the landowners for permitting TWIC to access your sites. Recorders should send any outstanding records
to firstname.lastname@example.org in Excel by the end of the year, so that the records can be shared with landowners and published on the NBN Atlas. Photos from events would also
be welcome and will be credited when used on the TWIC website or social media. Reports from the 2019 excursions programme will be added to the website in due course.
1. For further information please contact the TWIC office (01875 825968) or email email@example.com.
2. Safety on excursions: Anyone attending a TWIC excursion does so at their own risk.
3. Anyone who can assist with transport to excursions, or who requires assistance with transport should contact TWIC who will endeavour to put recorders in contact with one another to arrange matters themselves.
4. The leader reserves the right to change or cancels outings as circumstances dictate.
5. The leader's mobile phone number is for contacting him/her on the day.
6. Records from excursions will be uploaded to the NBN Atlas Scotland.